Montessori training is a transformative journey that deepens one’s understanding of the potential of children and their ability to transform the world.
The AMI Montessori Primary Training Course at RTI is aimed at training adults to work with 3-6 year old children in a Montessori environment (classroom). The Course is an intensive nine-month program, at the end of which successful candidates receive the internationally recognized AMI Primary diploma a requirement for obtaining an AMI Montessori teaching position, which are in high demand globally.
Dr. Maria Montessori gave special consideration to the formative psychic powers of the young child, to his Absorbent Mind and to the sensitive periods for the construction of the human faculties, which lead to all round development in early childhood development (ECE and ECD)
There are 3 main training sections:
- In the lectures on child psychology, as discovered by Dr. Montessori, the main emphasis is on the psychological development of the child, the successive phases of his development and the characteristics of these phases. It mainly concentrates on the Absorbent Mind and the Sensitive Periods. The child is thus viewed as a builder of the human personality.
- The series of lectures on the theory of the Montessori method deals with the origin and development of the Montessori method. All lectures converge around the central conception of education as a help to life and the child as the lever of human upliftment.
- The practical demonstration lectures deal with the function and presentation of the materials offered to the children from 3 to 6 years of age in a Montessori environment.
According to their aims they are divided into different areas:
- The EXERCISES OF PRACTICAL LIFE to help the child acquire co-ordination of movement, independence & social awareness in daily life.
- SENSORIAL ACTIVITIES for intelligent exploration of the environment & cognitive development.
- The development of LANGUAGE, its historical and psychological background and the spontaneous explosion of written language.
- The development of the mathematical mind, the four operations in ARITHMETIC within the framework of the decimal system, and geometry.
- CULTURAL ACTIVITIES which include all of the sciences and arts brought into being by man.
The problems arising when a new Montessori environment is started, its organization and administration are also dealt with in this section.
Educating children in AMI Montessori methodology connects you to an international community of people working, typically with great humility and respect, to improve a struggling educational system. Our Montessori training can introduce you to a more meaningful and fulfilling career that will truly better the lives many.